Mini Crumpet Pizzas for Kids - Love Norwich Food X Crumpetorium
This is a great little fun idea that kids can make themselves. Using a cheese crumpet as a chunky mini pizza base, they can build up their personal pizzas with whatever toppings they like. Love Norwich Food's homemade tomato sauce really does make a big difference to the fresh taste of these pizzas, so we'd recommend giving it a go if you have the time to make a batch. If you don't use it all on the pizzas, keep it in the fridge and use it for pasta dishes in the future.
Easy Healthy Tomato Sauce – (1 pint)
1 tin plum tomatoes
1 tin of water (from above or 1/2 / 250 ml pint)
1 onion - peeled and chopped
1 stick celery - chopped
2 cloves garlic - sliced
2 carrots - peeled and chopped small or grated
1 red pepper - chopped
1/3 tub tomato puree (2 - 3 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon fresh herbs – chopped (optional)
Method for the Sauce
1. Place all the ingredients apart from the puree in to a saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer with the lid off, so the excess liquid evaporates.
3. Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
4. Blitz till smooth, (or chop everything very small and mash a little)
5. Stir in the tomato puree to thicken and season to taste.
Method - Easy Kids Pizza Crumpet snacks
Preheat the oven 180*c.
1. Place a Cheese crumpet on a baking tray and top with a spoon of tomato sauce. Sprinkle on some grated cheese and top with whatever you fancy plus some mozzarella (optional). We went for ham and sundried tomatoes on ours.
2. Bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes until melty and golden.
Check out our Instagram feed for a few extra videos of the process
And to Adam Withey for his brilliant food photography skills.
Pick up some of our Cheese crumpets and get creative in the kitchen with the kids!